- 4 sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Splash of milk
- Butter, to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 200 grams cheddar, grated
- 200 grams mozzarella, grated
- Crème fraîche
- Fresh chives, to garnish
- Scrub sweet potatoes under water. Dry with kitchen roll, prick with fork and rub olive oil over the skin. Season with salt and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until soft in the middle.
- Cut potato in half (be careful it will be hot) and scoop out the centre into a bowl leaving a little border around the edge of the skins.
- Place skins face down on to the baking tray, drizzle over more oil and place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes until they have crisped up.
- Mash potato with milk and butter until desired consistency before adding 1/2 of the cheese and chopped spring onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the skins are out of the oven, spoon in the mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the potato is hot and the cheese is melted. Serve with a dollop of crème fraîche and a sprinkling of fresh chives. Enjoy.