- For the pasta:
- 1 1/2 cups pureed sweet potatoes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch sage leaves
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Make the pasta: In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, pulse sweet potatoes and flour until a dough forms. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2 to 3 minutes. Cover and rest in the refrigerator for one hour.
- To make the noodles, roll the dough through a pasta maker to about 1/4-inch thickness and cut into fettuccine noodles.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook noodles for 3 minutes.
- Make the sauce: In a wide, deep sauce pan, heat the olive oil on medium. Fry sage leaves in batches until crispy. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Wipe out the saucepan and add the butter and garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and add the flour. Stir until a paste forms. Stir in the wine to loosen the paste, then add the cream. Cook until it just bubbles and begins to thicken. Add pepper and Parmesan and remove from the heat.
- Add noodles to sauce and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with fried sage leaves.