- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, no salt added, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoon curry paste (red or yellow)
- 1 14-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup raw peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro (leaves only), chopped
- Optional: serve with rice, garnish with lime wedges
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Add the shallots and cook until soft and fragrant.
- Add the sweet potatoes and stir to coat.
- Add the curry paste and chickpeas, and stir until well-combined.
- Add the coconut milk and broth and let it simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes until thickened and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the spinach until wilted.
- Add peanuts and cilantro.
- Top with additional peanuts and/or cilantro.