- 10 wonton wrappers
- Cooking oil, as needed
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3g ginger
- 1 Japanese leek, finely chopped
- 10 shrimp pieces
- Coriander leaves, as needed
- 1 tsp Doubanjiang (Chinese spicy bean paste)
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock (granules)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100ml water
- 1 tsp potato starch
- Cut wonton wrappers into 5mm wide strips and deep fry in cooking oil.
- Add sesame oil, minced garlic, ginger, Japanese leek, and shrimps (peeled and deveined) to a frying pan and stir fry.
- Turn off the heat and add in all the sauce ingredients (potato starch and water should be mixed together in advance to make potato starch solution).
- Turn the heat back on and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Place the fried wonton strips on a plate and top with the spicy shrimps. Serve with coriander leaves and enjoy!