- 500 gms purple yam (kand)
- Oil for shallow frying
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Peel the kand, chop them into slices and immerse them in water covering them with salt for 15-20 mins. Remove and place them on an absorbent napkin.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan. Once the oil is nicely heated, put some of the sliced kand.
- Shallow fry until golden brown from both sides. Place them on an absorbent napkin to absorb excess oil if any.
- Sprinkle black pepper powder and roasted cumin powder. Serve your purple yam fries.