- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 3/4 cups flour, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yeast, olive oil, water, milk and sugar. Add 2 cups of flour and the salt and mix well.
- Gradually add remaining flour, kneading the dough until smooth. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Separate small portions of dough and sprinkle with flour.
- Spread each portion out in the palm of your hand and fill with a cube of cheese.
- Place the balls side-by-side in a baking dish greased with olive oil.
- Brush with tomato sauce, cover with shredded cheese and pepperoni.
- Sprinkle with oregano and place in oven for approximately 30 minutes.