- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt plain
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon pistachio; roasted + crushed
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup cooking oil; neutral
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds; finely crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease one 8-inch cake pan with melted butter or oil.
- In a small pan, add the pistachios and roast them for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Set aside and let them cool.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour. Add the sugar and yogurt. Whip with a wire whisk until fluffy.
- Add in baking soda and baking powder. Mix and let the mixture rest for 3-4 minutes as the baking soda starts to react with the yogurt.
- Once bubbles start to appear, add rose water, oil, vanilla extract and crushed cardamom, mix.
- Coarsely crush the cooled roasted pistachios and fold in the cake batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Garnish with rose petals and pistachios.