- 5 raw bananas
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Water as required
- Coconut oil (for frying)
- 2 tbsp peri peri masala
- Slice the bananas to medium thickness.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp turmeric.
- Pour water and give it a good stir. Adding turmeric helps to give a bright yellow colour to chips.
- Now deep fry in hot coconut oil. Make sure to spread and drop into the oil to avoid sticking from each other.
- Stir occasionally, and fry on medium flame.
- Fry for 10-12 minutes or until it turns crisp yet not turn golden brown.
- Drain off over kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- In a bowl, add all the chips and add peri peri masala, cover the bowl with a lid and give it a good mix.
- Finally, enjoy banana chips or store them in an airtight container for a month.