- 1 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup gond (edible gum)
- 1 tbsp saunth (dry ginger)
- 2 cups suji (semolina)
- 2 cups ghee
- 1 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbsp char magaz (dried melon seed)
- 1 tbsp pistachio
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp almonds
- Take a big pan and heat ghee in it. Add the gond and fry. Lower the flame and fry for 2 mins. Remove gond and crush it with a mortar with a pestle. Keep aside.
- Add the saunth to some more ghee and fry lightly for a minute.
- Add the remaining ghee to another pan and add the atta. Roast for 30 mins.
- In another pan, dry roast the suji for 30 mins (keep flame medium to slow for both suji and atta)
- After roasting, mix the suji into the atta and again roast for 10 mins.
- Now add sugar and roast for 5 mins.
- Finally, add the gond and saunth and dry fruits to the atta-suji mix.
- Turn off the gas and mix the panjiri well. Cover with lid for an hour and rest.
- Garnish it with chopped nuts