- For the filling:
- 500 gms lamb mince
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 2 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- Salt to taste
- For the dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling in a bowl and fry it in little oil, and cook till all the natural stock from the lamb evaporates. Keep aside to cool.
- Then knead the dough to a soft consistency. Roll out the dough into small circles and make a momo basket.
- Begin with holding the flat circular dough in your left hand and putting a tablespoon of the filling in the middle of the dough.
- Then you have to fold the two edges of the half-circle so that there is no open edge in your half-circle, and the filling is completely enclosed in the dough. You will now have the basic half-moon shape, and you can make your momo pretty by pinching and folding along the curved edge of the half-circle.
- Start at one tip of the half-moon, and fold over a very small piece of the dough, pinching down.
- Continue folding and pinching from the starting point, moving along the edge until you reach the other tip of the half-moon. Now steam the momos in a steamer or fry them.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce.