- 3/4 fresh corn, with the husk removed
- Water for boiling
- 1tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter (adjust to taste)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ to 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ lime
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 3 tbsp cotija cheese
- Red pepper flakes (for garnish)
- In a large pot bring water to boil with some salt. Add sweet corn, cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put the oven on broil mode. Place the boiled corn on a baking tray and brush it with butter. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes till it is charred or dark spots appear.
- In a small bowl, add mayonnaise and red chilli powder and mix well.
- Brush the boiled corn with some more butter and then drizzle some lime juice.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle cilantro and cotija cheese.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and your Mexican corn on the cob is ready!