- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 cups makhana
- 5 cups milk
- 3/4th cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- A few strands of saffron
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 1 tbsp chopped cashew
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- In a pan heat ghee and roast makhanas for 3-4 minutes.
- After cooling grind half the makhana into a coarse powder.
- In another pan heat milk and add the remaining whole makhanas into the milk.
- Add the coarse makhana powder to the milk and sugar and cook.
- Then add nutmeg powder, saffron and mix well.
- Add chopped pistachios, cashews and almonds and stir well.
- Serve hot.