- 4 tbsp grated processed cheese
- 1 cup plain flour (maida)
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp peri peri powder
- plain flour (maida) for rolling
- Sieve the plain flour and add the salt.
- Rub the butter into the flour with finger tips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the cheese, chilli powder, garlic powder, peri peri powder and mix well.
- Add ice-cold water and knead into a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions and roll each portion into a square using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Cut into ¾" wide strips using a knife and give 2 twists to each strip.
- Arrange the strips on an ungreased baking dish and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve the instant cheese straws immediately or store in an air-tight container.