- 3 egg whites
- 180 grams caster sugar
- 120 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Whisk the egg whites into soft peaks and then whisk in the sugar. When well combined and the peaks are stiffening, add in the butter and vanilla. Stir through the flour and when combined, add in the water to loosen the mix slightly.
- Spoon the batter onto a lined baking tray in 3-4 inch circles. You can draw on the circles if that helps. Place in a preheated oven for around 10 minutes but keep an eye on them. You want them to be golden round the edges but able to bend. Whilst they are cooking right out the fortunes on small pieces of paper.
- Carefully fold the cookies into ovals placing the paper in the middle first. Pinch the edges together and bend round so the points meet. Leave to harden slightly before breaking to find your fortune.