- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ripe avocado mashed until very smooth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large ripe avocados peeled and pitted
- 8 oz dark chocolate
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 8 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour 2-8” round pans.
- With a hand mixer, beat the avocado until smooth. Add sugar, vegetable oil, water, vinegar and vanilla. Mix until no lumps can be seen.
- Add to the wet mixture sifted together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Fold until combined.
- Divide the batter into both greased round pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for a few minutes in the pan and the turn it onto cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Scoop avocados out into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add melted dark chocolate and combine.
- Add sifted powdered sugar and cocoa powder to pureed avocado. Beat for another minute or until creamy and combined.
- Cut each cake into half to get four layers. Place one of them on the plate and scoop frosting on top. Spread evenly the filling and place the second layer on top.
- Repeat the same with the following two layers. Using a cranked spatula, frost the cake all around and on top.
- Decorate with chopped pistachios and almonds. Let the cake sit a few hours before serving.