- 500 ml of water
- 1/4 tsp regular (loose) Indian black tea dust
- 3 tbsp regular sugar (or adjust per your taste)
- ½ tsp ground ginger (powder)
- ½ tsp powdered Black salt (Kala Namak)
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Place a clean saucepan on stove-top over on medium heat and add 500ml of water plus the sugar
- When you see bubbles form at the bottom of the pan, add the tea granules and heat/boil just for a minute, or till the time you see the infusion turning into a lovely light caramel color. (Boiling any more would result in a darker bitter tea with an unpleasant aftertaste.)
- As soon as you see that it is the colour, remove the saucepan and turn the stove off, to avoid overheating the tea.
- Strain/filter the tea into a container.
- Add ground ginger, black salt and lime juice. You will see the tea color change from caramel to deep yellow!
- Pour into a heat-safe container through a fine-mesh sieve. Let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the mixture is at room temperature, beat with a risk or hand mixer until frothy. Distribute into popsicle molds and freeze overnight.