- 12 slices center-cut bacon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices bread
- Chopped green onion, to taste
- Partially cook bacon on a baking rack at 375°F for about 6-8 minutes to render some of the fat. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and pepper.
- On a flat surface, roll out bread slices to flatten, and cut into quarters.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray. Line the wells with 1 bacon slice each. Add the flattened bread slices and press into the well to form cups. Fill with the egg and cheese mixture. Bake at 375°F for about 15-20 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the eggs are set.
- Garnish with chopped green onion.